- A registry of pecuniary transactions; a written or printed statement of business dealings or debts and credits, and also of other things subjected to a reckoning or review
- A sum of money deposited at a ...
- A sum of money deposited at a bank and subject to withdrawal.
- A statement in general of reasons, causes, grounds, etc., explanatory of some event; a reason of an action to be done.
- A reason, grounds, consideration, motive.
- A business relationship involving the exchange of money and credit.
- A record of events; recital of transactions; a relation or narrative; a report; a description.
- An estimate or estimation; valuation; judgment.
- Importance; worth; value; esteem; judgement.
- An authorization to use a service.
- A reckoning; computation; calculation; enumeration; a record of some reckoning.
- Profit; advantage.
- to count To calculate, work out (especially with periods of time). To count (up), enumerate. To recount, relate (a narrative etc.).