- Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
- Act of addressing oneself to a person or group; a discourse or speech.
- Manner of speaking to a...
- Manner of speaking to another; delivery.
- Attention in the way one addresses a lady.
- Skill; skillful management; dexterity; adroitness.
- Act of preparing oneself.
- A description of the location of a property.
- The property itself.
- A location in computer memory.
- An Internet address; URL.
- An email address
- To prepare oneself.
- To direct speech.
- To aim; to direct.
- To prepare or make ready.
- To prepare oneself; to apply one's skill or energies (to some object); to betake.
- To direct one's remarks (to someone).
- To clothe or array; to dress.
- To direct, as words, to (anyone or anything); to make, as a speech, petition, etc. to (any audience).
- To direct speech to; to make a communication to, whether spoken or written; to apply to by words, as by a speech, petition, etc., to speak to; to accost.
- To direct in writing, as a letter; to superscribe, or to direct and transmit.
- To make suit to as a lover; to court; to woo.
- To consign or intrust to the care of another, as agent or factor.
- To address oneself to; to prepare oneself for; to apply oneself to; to direct one's speech or discourse to.
- To direct attention towards a problem or obstacle, in an attempt to resolve it.
- To refer a location in computer memory.
- To get ready to hit (the ball on the tee).
source: Urban Dictionary
- 1. Place of residence. Given using street name and house number, along with the city, state, and oftentimes zipcode for out-of-state affairs.
2. To speak to one person/group in particular.
3. To stress a certain subject, often in a speech.