- A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner (the winner being the one who correctly forecast the outcome of an event).
- A degree of cert...
- A degree of certainty.
- A nitrogen adsorption technique used to measure the specific surface area of a solid.
- A diminutive of Elizabeth.
- To stake or pledge upon the outcome of an event; to wager.
- To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.
source: Urban Dictionary
- as in 'sure,' 'you bet,' 'you know it,' 'thats for sure,' 'thats a plan,' or 'i will do it'