- Any insect, arachnid, myriapod or entognath.
- An insect of the order Hemiptera (the "true bugs").
- Any insect, arachnid, or other terrestrial arthropod that is a pest.
- Any of various species of marine or fr...
- Any of various species of marine or freshwater crustaceans; e.g. a Morton Bay bug, mudbug.
- A problem that needs fixing.
- A contagious illness; a bacterium or virus causing it
- An enthusiasm for something; an obsession
- An electronic intercept device
- A small and and usually invisible file (traditionally a single-pixel image) on a World Wide Web page, primarily used to track users.
- A small, usually transparent or translucent image placed in a corner of a television program to indicate what network or cable channel is televising it
- A manually positioned marker in flight instruments
- A semi-automated telegraph key.
- A bugbear; anything that terrifies.
- A limited form of wild card in some variants of poker.
- A trilobite.
- the Bug River, flowing northwest 450 mi. between Belarus and Poland.
- the Bug River in Ukraine, flowing 530 mi. to the Dnieper estuary.
- To annoy.
- To install an electronic listening device or devices in.
source: Urban Dictionary
- commonly refered to as 'the bug'
Can be used to describe a large variety of sexually transmitted deseases but this term is most well known for meaning THE BIG ONE... HIV or AIDS.