- To believe; to put credence in.
- To add to an account (confer debit.)
- To acknowledge the contribution of.
- To bring honour or repute upon; to do credit to; to raise the estimation of.
- Reliance on the truth o...
- Reliance on the truth of something said or done; faith; trust.
- Recognition and respect.
- Acknowledgement of a contribution, especially in the performing arts.
- Written titles and other information about the TV program or movie shown at the beginning and/or end of the TV program or movie.
- A privilege of delayed payment extended to a buyer or borrower on the seller's or lender's belief that what is given will be repaid.
- The time given for payment for something sold on trust.
- A person's credit rating or creditworthiness, as represented by their history of borrowing and repayment (or non payment).
- An addition to certain accounts.
- A reduction in taxes owed, or a refund for excess taxes paid.
- A source of value, distinction or honour.
- An arbitrary unit of value, used in many token economies.
- Recognition for having taken a course (class).
- A , a credit hour – used as measure if enough courses have been taken for graduation.
source: Urban Dictionary
- (n.) An allowance of money. Giving a person or organisation credit makes them a debtor, and you, thier creditor.