- A step on a set of stairs; the rung of a ladder.
- An individual step, or stage, in any process or scale of values.
- A stage of rank or privilege; social standing.
- A ‘step' in genealogical descent.
- One's rela...
- One's relative state or experience; way, manner.
- The amount that an entity possesses a certain property; relative intensity, extent.
- A stage of proficiency or qualification in a course of study, now especially an award bestowed by a university or, in some countries, a college, as a certification of academic achievement. (In the United States, can include secondary schools.)
- A unit of measurement of angle equal to 1/360 of a circle's circumference.
- A unit of measurement of temperature on any of several scales, such as Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- The sum of the exponents of a term; the order of a polynomial.
- The number of edges that a vertex takes part in; a valency.
- The number of logical connectives in a formula.
- The curvature of a circular arc, expressed as the angle subtended by a fixed length of arc or chord.
- A unit of measurement of latitude and longitude which together identify a location on the Earth's surface.
source: Urban Dictionary
- The academic qualification that hopefully makes worthwhile the spending of the best part of your early adulthood staring at words, diagrams and numbers on computer screens and in books, being unable to keep your own income, living off pot noodles, spending several hours a day on dirty buses, regurgitating author's opinions and sometimes regurgitating after a night of heavy drinking as a result of an attempt to forget about all of the above for a night.
I've heard that a liberal arts degree isn't good for much.