- A drawing or diagram conveying information.
- The representation of any form, as by drawing, painting, modelling, carving, embroidering, etc.; especially, a representation of the human body.
- A person or th...
- A person or thing representing a certain consciousness.
- The appearance or impression made by the conduct or career of a person.
- Distinguished appearance; magnificence; conspicuous representation; splendour; show.
- A human figure, which dress or corset must fit to; the shape of a human body.
- A numeral.
- A number.
- A shape.
- A visible pattern as in wood or cloth.
- A dance figure, a complex dance move.
- A figure of speech.
- The form of a syllogism with respect to the relative position of the middle term.
- A horoscope; the diagram of the aspects of the astrological houses.
- Any short succession of notes, either as melody or as a group of chords, which produce a single complete and distinct impression.
- A form of melody or accompaniment kept up through a strain or passage; a motif; a florid embellishment.
- To solve a mathematical problem.
- To come to understand.
- To be reasonable.
- To enter, be a part of.
- To represent by a figure, as to form or mould; to make an image of, either palpable or ideal; also, to fashion into a determinate form; to shape.
- To embellish with design; to adorn with figures.
- To indicate by numerals.
- To represent by a metaphor; to signify or symbolize.
- To prefigure; to foreshow.
- To write over or under the bass, as figures or other characters, in order to indicate the accompanying chords.
- To embellish.