- To go after; to pursue; to move behind in the same path or direction.
- To go or come after in a sequence.
- To carry out (orders, instructions, etc.).
- To live one's life according to (religion, teachings, et...
- To live one's life according to (religion, teachings, etc).
- To understand, to pay attention to.
- To watch, to keep track of (reports of) some event or person.
- To be a logical consequence of.
- To walk in, as a road or course; to attend upon closely, as a profession or calling.
- In billiards and similar games, a stroke causing a ball to follow another ball after hitting it.
- The act of following another user's online activity.
source: Urban Dictionary
- In social media, especially Twitter, it is a subscription of sorts to celebrities, companies, or organizations in order to gain instant access to the thoughts or ideas of said subscription.
Often seen or heard in commercials in which a company will ask consumers to follow them on Twitter.