- The surface of the Earth, as opposed to the sky or water or underground.
- Soil, earth.
- The bottom of a body of water.
- Basis, foundation, groundwork, legwork.
- , (epistemic) , .
- Background, context, fr...
- Background, context, framework, surroundings.
- The plain surface upon which the figures of an artistic composition are set.
- In sculpture, a flat surface upon which figures are raised in relief.
- In point lace, the net of small meshes upon which the embroidered pattern is applied.
- In etching, a gummy substance spread over the surface of a metal to be etched, to prevent the acid from eating except where an opening is made by the needle.
- One of the pieces of wood, flush with the plastering, to which mouldings etc. are attached.
- A soccer stadium.
- An electrical conductor connected to the ground.
- A level of electrical potential used as a zero reference.
- The area of grass on which a match is played (a cricket field); the entire arena in which it is played; the part of the field behind a batsman's popping crease where he can not be run out (hence to make one's ground).
- A composition in which the bass, consisting of a few bars of independent notes, is continually repeated to a varying melody.
- The tune on which descants are raised; the plain song.
- The pit of a theatre.
- To connect (an electrical conductor or device) to a ground.
- To punish, especially a child or teenager, by forcing him/her to stay at home and/or give up certain privileges.
- To forbid (an aircraft or pilot) to fly.
- To give a basic education in a particular subject; to instruct in elements or first principles.
- to hit a ground ball; to hit a ground ball which results in an out. Compare fly (verb(regular)) and line (verb).
- (of a batsman) to place his bat, or part of his body, on the ground behind the popping crease so as not to be run out
- To run aground; to strike the bottom and remain fixed.
- To found; to fix or set, as on a foundation, reason, or principle; to furnish a ground for; to fix firmly.
- To cover with a ground, as a copper plate for etching, or as paper or other materials with a uniform tint as a preparation for ornament.
- To improve or focus the mental or emotional state of.
- Crushed, or reduced to small particles.
- Processed by grinding.
source: Urban Dictionary
- To go against the man
Throwing an object on the ground to make a statement
Break something on purpose