- Gracious; friendly; faithful; true.
- To grasp or grip.
- To contain or store.
- To maintain or keep to a position or state. To have and keep possession of something. To reserve. To cause to wait or delay. To d...
- To maintain or keep to a position or state. To have and keep possession of something. To reserve. To cause to wait or delay. To detain. To be or remain valid; to apply (usually in the third person).
To keep oneself in a particular state. To impose restraint upon; to limit in motion or action; to bind legally or morally; to confine; to restrain. To bear, carry, or manage. Not to move; to halt; to stop. Not to give way; not to part or become separated; to remain unbroken or unsubdued.
To remain continent; to control an excretory bodily function.
- To maintain or keep to particular opinions, promises, actions. To maintain, to consider, to opine. To bind (someone) to a consequence of his or her actions.
To maintain in being or action; to carry on; to prosecute, as a course of conduct or an argument; to continue; to sustain.
To accept, as an opinion; to be the adherent of, openly or privately; to persist in, as a purpose; to maintain; to sustain. To restrain oneself; to refrain; to hold back.
- To win one's own service game.
- To take place, to occur.
- To organise an event or meeting (usually in passive voice).
- To derive right or title.
- A grasp or grip.
- A place where animals are held for safety
- An order that something is to be reserved or delayed, limiting or preventing how it can be dealt with.
- Something reserved or kept.
- Power over someone or something.
- The ability to persist.
- The property of maintaining the shape of styled hair.
- A position or grip used to control the opponent.
- An exercise involving holding a position for a set time
- The percentage the house wins on a gamble, the house or bookmaker's hold.
- The wager amount, the total hold.
- An instance of holding one's service game, as opposed to being broken.
- The part of an object one is intended to grasp, or anything one can use for grasping with hands or feet.
- A fruit machine feature allowing one or more of the reels to remain fixed while the others spin.
- A pause facility.
- The queueing system on telephones and similar communication systems which maintains a connection when all lines are busy.
- A statistic awarded to a relief pitcher who is not still pitching at the end of the game and who records at least one out and maintains a lead for his team.
- The cargo area of a ship or aircraft, (often cargo hold).
source: Urban Dictionary
- How much alcohol/beer you can have before getting drunk