- A structure built or serving as an abode of human beings.
- The people who live in a house; a household.
- A building used for something other than a residence (typically with qualifying word).
- A place of bus...
- A place of business; a company or organisation, especially a printing press, a publishing company, or a couturier.
- A place of public accommodation or entertainment, especially a public house, an inn, a restaurant, a theatre, or a casino; or the management thereof.
- The audience for a live theatrical or similar performance.
- A building where a deliberative assembly meets; whence the assembly itself, particularly a component of a legislature.
- A dynasty; a family with its ancestors and descendants, especially a royal or noble one.
- a place of rest or repose.
- A grouping of schoolchildren for the purposes of competition in sports and other activities.
- An animal's shelter or den, or the shell of an animal such as a snail, used for protection.
- One of the twelve divisions of an astrological chart.
- The fourth Lenormand card.
- A square on a chessboard, regarded as the proper place of a piece.
- The four concentric circles where points are scored on the ice.
- Lotto; bingo.
- A children's game in which the players pretend to be members of a household.
- A small stand of trees in a swamp.
- The House of Representatives, "the House".
- for someone residing in a house (as opposed to a hut) or in a religious house.
- A village in New Mexico.
- An unincorporated community in North Carolina.
- To keep within a structure or container.
- To admit to residence; to harbor/harbour.
- To take shelter or lodging; to abide; to lodge.
- To dwell within one of the twelve astrological houses.
- To contain or cover mechanical parts.
- To drive to a shelter.
- To deposit and cover, as in the grave.
- To stow in a safe place; to take down and make safe.
source: Urban Dictionary
- One of the smartest medical dramas to ever have aired, House, M.D. features the maverick, anti-social doctor Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) who specializes in infectious diseases and does whatever it takes to solve the puzzling cases that come his way.
A show that should rob this year's Emmys if not for its sheer quality then for Laurie's brilliant acting.
source: Urban Dictionary
- n. a style of electronic music originating in the late 80's in the USA characterized by four-on-the-floor bpms between 110-140, synthesized melodies and bass lines.