- To intend. To intend, to plan (to do); to have as one's intention. To have intentions of a given kind. To intend (something) for a given purpose or fate; to predestine.
- To convey meaning. To convey (a g...
- To convey meaning. To convey (a given sense); to signify, or indicate (an object or idea). Of a word, symbol etc: to have reference to, to signify.
- To have conviction in (something said or expressed); to be sincere in (what one says).
- To result in; to bring about.
- To be important (to).
- Common; general.
- Of a common or low origin, grade, or quality; common; humble.
- Low in quality or degree; inferior; poor; shabby.
- Without dignity of mind; destitute of honour; low-minded; spiritless; base.
- Of little value or account; worthy of little or no regard; contemptible; despicable.
- Ungenerous; stingy, tightfisted; North American English: cheap; formal: niggardly, penurious, miserly.
- Disobliging; pettily offensive or unaccommodating; small.
- Selfish; acting without consideration of others; unkind.
- Causing or intending to cause intentional harm; bearing ill will towards another; cruel; malicious.
- Powerful; fierce; harsh; damaging.
- Accomplished with great skill; deft; hard to compete with.
- Difficult, tricky.
- Having the mean (see noun below) as its value.
- Middling; intermediate; moderately good, tolerable.
- A method or course of action used to achieve some result.
- An intermediate step or intermediate steps.
- Something which is intermediate or in the middle; an intermediate value or range of values; a medium.
- The middle part of three-part polyphonic music; now specifically, the alto part in polyphonic music; an alto instrument.
- The average of a set of values, calculated by summing them together and dividing by the number of terms; the arithmetic mean.
- Any function of multiple variables that satisfies certain properties and yields a number representative of its arguments; or, the number so yielded; a measure of central tendency.
source: Urban Dictionary
- 1. To be cruel, spiteful, and malicious. To be ill tempered and disagreeable, difficult and troublesome.
2. To convey meaning. To indicate. To understand. The past tense would be 'meant'.
3. Midway between extremes, a medium.