- To change place or posture; to go, in any manner, from one place or position to another.
- To act; to take action; to begin to act
- To change residence, for example from one house, town, or state, to anothe...
- To change residence, for example from one house, town, or state, to another; to go and live at another place. See also move out and move in.
- To change the place of a piece in accordance with the rules of the game.
- To cause to change place or posture in any manner; to set in motion; to carry, convey, draw, or push from one place to another
- To transfer (a piece or man) from one space or position to another, according to the rules of the game
- To excite to action by the presentation of motives; to rouse by representation, persuasion, or appeal; to influence.
- To arouse the feelings or passions of; especially, to excite to tenderness or compassion, to excite (for example, an emotion).
- To propose; to recommend; specifically, to propose formally for consideration and determination, in a deliberative assembly; to submit
- To mention; to raise (a question); to suggest (a course of action); to lodge (a complaint).
- To incite, urge (someone to do something); to solicit (someone for or of an issue); to make a proposal to.
- To apply to, as for aid.
- To request an action from the court.
- The act of moving; a movement.
- An act for the attainment of an object; a step in the execution of a plan or purpose.
- A formalized or practiced action used in athletics, dance, physical exercise, self-defense, hand-to-hand combat, etc.
- The event of changing one's residence.
- A change in strategy.
- A transfer, a change from one employer to another.
- The act of moving a token on a gameboard from one position to another according to the rules of the game.