Do people say

English sentences with probability in context,

9973 exact matches

Lower branch probability and/or ramp-up speed?
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The reasons I thought it was a messy game have not been suggested to be intended, well-reasoned, motivated mechanics - by you or anyone - in any kind of fashion that would be internally consistent within the game; nothing I stated was false about my own experience; I haven't misinterpreted any of the cues the game intended to give, as far as I already understood them and you have repeatedly explained them; and my opinion is that the game is probably a mess, with such great probability based on how many issues I saw up-front that I felt it didn't merit further investigation.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Dictionary
probability (noun)

  • the state of being probable; likelihood
  • an event that is likely to occur
  • the relative likelihood of an event happening
  • a number, between 0 and 1, expressing the precise likelihood of an event happening
source: Wiktionary

probability

  • The...
  • The chances of something happening
source: Urban Dictionary

show more

If paleo2002 wants to calculate the probability that he's japanese given that he's never had sex he should use the following formula.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

NOT maximum "effective range" by your own definition of high hit probability, NOT maximum accuracy, NOT maximum dart stability, COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

And here is the mistake in your logic: the 51% probability of never rolling a 1 is not the same thing as a 49% probability as rolling a 1.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

I don't even know why you think you have to multiply it by the chance of not getting in a crash- that's just not how probability is calculated.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

By my logic you have a 49% chance of death by carcrash after 12,480 lifetimes (The exponent of the base probability).
source: Redditshow contexthide context

But if this your logic then all probabilities are meaningless.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Probability always seems difficult for people to understand.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Probability said that even we shouldn’t be here.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Right... the convoluted idea that instead of inflating the probabilities for a miracle to occur via an ad-hoc speculation every time we're proven wrong, perhaps this evidence of an intelligent design is suggestive of a designer?
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Does the concept of probability mean anything to you?
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Put the probabilities of Goldilocks zone, stable planetary orbit, oxygen, water, microorganism, and precise evolution...intelligent life at the human level, compared to the scale of the observable universe, is improbable.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

If OP's before and after pictures were actually two different people I would probably hide the before picture, because the probability of me messaging her would be slim to none.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

We can only describe certainty in terms of either subjective assessment or probability.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Bold predictions are supposed to be crazy with only a small chance of probability.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

the netherlands is only ~200 miles tall and 150 miles wide so 1 drone a 2 mile radius is not out of the realm of probability
source: Reddit

Basic probability.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

It would be 1/52 times 1/52 because to get the probability of pulling the same card twice you take the specific card, 1, and divide it by the number of totals cards in a deck, 52.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The probability that one person is lying, to the power of 23, is pretty small.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The probability than a bunch of women, many of them famous, decide to all lie together about their rape, many of them not seeking financial retribution, is also pretty small I think...
source: Redditshow contexthide context

No, my objection is that it's nearly impossible and the odds are so far against it that no one except crackpots and those who don't understand probability seem to think it's a viable option.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

It's clear you don't understand probability at all.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

In Bayes' Theorem P(v) denotes the probability that a randomly selected person from the population in question is a virgin, not the known probability that paleo is.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Personally, I find Boltzmann machines really awesome because (1) unlike other types of neural networks the algorithm will fit a probability distribution to the data and (2) the probability distribution is never calculated explicitly even though samples are still drawn from that distribution.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The probability must be roughly equal to that of your anus being directly useful to mankind.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The murals of Maradona everywhere, and the fact that any male born between 84-91 in and around Napoli had a high probability to be named Diego really are telling of the supporters.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

"In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Probability is a good topic to be familiar with.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

To do statistics right at a high school level, you need about one semester of probability, which could be done reasonably well after a couple years of algebra.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

But I do feel that there is time for most students to get some probability and basic statistics.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

If you feel socially usolated, I think you should explore other options than allowing someone who has such a high probability of becoming a permanent, uncomfortable and deoendent feature in your home.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

As yet, we have no evidence of other universes, so the probability of this universe existing is exactly 1.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

IDK, interceptions off short passes have a high probability of being returned for a touchdown.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

It's one in the morning and I'm on a thread about fireworks display in London, yet somehow I managed to get trapped into a conversation about probability theory, something I will never understand.
source: Reddit

I believe P(v) is the probability that any given person is a virgin.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

The Bears need to provide the image of stability and the probability of success, otherwise we get stuck with mediocre and sub-par coaches (guys that will take anything just to get to the big show).
source: Redditshow contexthide context

We will have to update our estimate of the probability that he's Japanese.
source: Reddit

This is really improved by setting Branch Similarity threshold to 15 or lower, branch probability to 8%-20%, and checking "Remove sequential branches" and 'only allow long branches'.
source: Reddit

I had done counting and probability pretty extensively in high school (from mathletes), but it was the first taste I got of concepts like induction, graph theory, and the like.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Spend little, be imaginative, the start of a business is like a trial and running period , with a high probability of uncertainty.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

I was living in New Hampshire at the time, and my honors algebra I class was learning about probability.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

My hometown was full of both hardcore Red Sox and Yankees fans, so my teacher decided to calculate the probability as a class after each game.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

Watching that probability drop after each game was painful.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

As the probability of a series win built its way back up, so did my hope.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

An ankle shot increases probability of missing.
source: Redditshow contexthide context

what probability, specifically, would you say is necessary to say it's "probably false"?
source: Redditshow contexthide context

I want them gloves so bad but cant waste m ytime with a 0 probability of success pug.
source: Redditshow contexthide context