- To rest in a state of reduced consciousness.
- (Of a spinning top or a yo-yo) to spin on its axis with no other perceptible motion.
- To cause (a spinning top or yo-yo) to spin on its axis with no other perc...
- To cause (a spinning top or yo-yo) to spin on its axis with no other perceptible motion.
- To accommodate in beds.
- To be slumbering in (a state).
- To be careless, inattentive, or unconcerned; not to be vigilant; to live thoughtlessly.
- To be dead; to lie in the grave.
- To be, or appear to be, in repose; to be quiet; to be unemployed, unused, or unagitated; to rest; to lie dormant.
- to wait for a period of time without performing any action
- The state of reduced consciousness during which a human or animal rests in a daily rhythm.
- An act or instance of sleeping.
- Rheum found in the corner of the eyes after waking, whether real or a figurative objectification of sleep (in the sense of reduced consciousness).
- A state of plants, usually at night, when their leaflets approach each other and the flowers close and droop, or are covered by the folded leaves.
source: Urban Dictionary
- You have been awake for 18 hours and are now viewing this useless definition of sleep. You are very tired and your brain is not functioning at its normal capacity. The bags under your eyes are starting to weigh you down. It's 1:30am and you have to get up at 6:30am for work. Another coffee wont help you now...