- to make a non-linear physical movement. Of a body, person, etc, to move around an axis through itself. To change the direction or orientation of, especially by rotation. to change one's direction of tr...
- to make a non-linear physical movement. Of a body, person, etc, to move around an axis through itself. To change the direction or orientation of, especially by rotation. to change one's direction of travel. to change the course of. To shape (something) symmetrically by rotating it against a stationary cutting tool, as on a lathe. To give form to; to shape or mould; to adapt. To position (something) by folding it, or using its folds. To navigate through a book or other printed material. Of a bowler, to make (the ball) move sideways off the pitch when it bounces. Of a ball, to move sideways off the pitch when it bounces.
- To change one's course of action; to take a new approach.
- To complete.
- Of a player, to go past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- To undergo the process of turning on a lathe.
- To bring down the feet of a child in the womb, in order to facilitate delivery.
- To invert a type of the same thickness, as a temporary substitute for any sort which is exhausted.
- To translate.
- A change of direction or orientation.
- A movement of an object about its own axis in one direction that continues until the object returns to its initial orientation. A unit of plane angle measurement based on this movement.
- A single loop of a coil.
- A chance to use (something) shared in sequence with others.
- The time allotted to a person in a rota or schedule.
- One's chance to make a move in a game having two or more players.
- A figure in music, often denoted ~, consisting of the note above the one indicated, the note itself, the note below the one indicated, and the note itself again.
- (also turnaround) The time required to complete a project.
- A fit or a period of giddiness.
- A change in temperament or circumstance.
- A sideways movement of the ball when it bounces (caused by rotation in flight).
- The fourth communal card in Texas hold 'em.
- The flop (the first three community cards) in Texas hold 'em.
- A deed done to another.
- A pass behind or through an object.
- Character; personality; nature.
- An instance of going past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- A short skit, act, or routine.