- The smallest unit of language that has a particular meaning and can be expressed by itself; the smallest discrete, meaningful unit of language. The smallest discrete unit of spoken language with a part...
- The smallest unit of language that has a particular meaning and can be expressed by itself; the smallest discrete, meaningful unit of language. The smallest discrete unit of spoken language with a particular meaning, composed of one or more phonemes and one or more morphemes
The smallest discrete unit of written language with a particular meaning, composed of one or more letters or symbols and one or more morphemes
A discrete, meaningful unit of language approved by an authority or native speaker (compare non-word).
- Something like such a unit of language:
A sequence of letters, characters, or sounds, considered as a discrete entity, though it does not necessarily belong to a language or have a meaning A unit of text equivalent to five characters and one space. A fixed-size group of bits handled as a unit by a machine (on many 16-bit machines, 16 bits or two bytes). A finite string that is not a command or operator. A group element, expressed as a product of group elements.
- The fact or act of speaking, as opposed to taking action.
- Something that someone said; a comment, utterance; speech.
- A watchword or rallying cry, a verbal signal (even when consisting of multiple words).
- A proverb or motto.
- News; tidings .
- An order; a request or instruction; an expression of will.
- A promise; an oath or guarantee.
- A brief discussion or conversation.
- See words.
- Communication from God; the message of the Christian gospel; the Bible, Scripture.
- Logos, Christ.
- Scripture; The Bible.
- The creative word of God; logos.
- To say or write (something) using particular words; to phrase (something).
- To flatter with words, to cajole.
- To ply or overpower with words.
- To conjure with a word.
- To speak, to use words; to converse, to discourse.
- Truth, indeed, that is the truth! The shortened form of the statement "My word is my bond."
- An abbreviated form of ; a statement of the acknowledgment of fact with a hint of nonchalant approval.
source: Urban Dictionary
- 1) well said
2)said in a agreement
3) can be used as a greeting, hey whats up
source: Urban Dictionary
- A versatile declaration, originating (more or less) in hip-hop culture.
'Word' has no single meaning, but is used to convey a casual sense of affirmation, acknowledgement, agreement, or to indicate that something has impressed you favorably.
Its usage among young blacks has been parodied ad nauseam among clueless suburban whites.